Dry skin takes a flight
Traveling can be a wonderful experience. Learning a new culture, trying different and exciting foods, & spending valuable time with family & friends are all special moments that can give you the momentum to feel good on the inside.
However, the World Health Organization, or WHO, says “The humidity in aircraft cabins is low, usually less than 20% (humidity in the home is normally over 30%). Low humidity may cause skin dryness & discomfort. Use skin moisturizing lotions to moisturize the skin.” The low aircraft humidity, along with new climates and diets, can contribute to dehydrated, dry skin. The last thing you want on vacation is to suffer from less than perfect skin!
It's a good thing that Suki Skincare has products that are ideal to promote hydration, retain moisture & restore your healthy glow! Keep reading to find out more.
PM – Night before your flight
- Moisture-rich brightening masque - this product contains fair-trade shea butter, cocoa butter & apricot kernel oil which promote much-needed moisture retention. Remember, it is important to use upward, circular motions to promote good circulation & prevent the appearance of wrinkles
*PRO TIPS*: sleep in this masque ultra-nourishing masque which will leave your skin extra moisturized and bright!
AM – It’s Travel Day, yay!
PRO TIP: try not to wear any makeup, and drink plenty of water! Your skin will thank you later.
- Rinse your skin and pat dry with an organic suki face cloth.
- Moisture-rich cleansing lotion – wet and massage this super gentle, hydrating milky cleanser will help soothe & lock in much-needed moisture with gluten-free colloidal oat, & bee-hive friendly beeswax while cleansing away impurities with our sage extract.
- Concentrated strengthening toner - spray all over the skin, this vitamin-packed, triple filtered high potency rose toner will allow you to hydrate your skin & thoroughly while removing excess oils, dirt & debris.
- Eye lift renewal cream - This product contains caffeine, which promotes circulation, reduces under eye puffiness, and our Co-Q10 helps tightenthe
*PRO TIP*: Always use your index finger when apply eye products. This will cause less friction to your delicate under eye area
These next products are 1oz or less, which means you can throw these right in your carry on! Be sure to reapply these as needed during your trip.
- Nourishing facial oil– contains evening primrose which is known to soothe & moisturize the skin while increasing elasticity while reducing the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
- Nourishing day cream - contains vitamin C which stimulates collagen production, fights free radicals & jojoba oil which retains & locks moisture inside.
- Ultra-protect eye balm – this dense balm contains fair-trade shea butter to lock in much needed & long-lasting hydration under the eye area, to prevent the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
Traveling can indeed wreak havoc on your skin, especially skin types that are more prone to being on the drier side.. These few skincare travel tips will allow your skin to achieve balance & promote a healthy radiant & glowing skin.
Know your beauty!