clear, bright, lovely skin
HOW CAN I HELP MY HYPER-PIGMENTATION?
hyper-pigmentation (uneven skin tone) is a common term used to describe a skin condition in which darker patches are present on the skin. these patches result from excess melanin production in the skin. melanin is the natural pigment that gives skin & hair their color. It is also present in the iris (eyes). hyper-pigmentation can be caused by everything from post-inflammatory acne scars, melasma, sun damage, age & hormonal fluctuations, just to name a few.
- post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation may occur when there has been damage or irritation to the skin due to acne, burns, eczema or psoriasis.
- melasma, sometimes called the “mask of pregnancy” or chloasma spots (like age spots but reign over a larger area of skin) are most often a result of hormonal changes and appear as darkened skin.
as you have probably heard... our skin has 3 main layers: epidermis, dermis & hypodermis
epidermis- (visible) covers the internal & external surfaces of the body.
dermis- the inner layer, beneath the epidermis contains tough connective tissue, hair follicles & sweat glands
hypodermis- attaches the skin to the underlying organs & tissues, comprised of fat & connective tissue
melanocytes (specialized cells that produce melanin) are normally located & present in the basal layer of the epidermis. when melanocytes are damaged, they increase in number and/or activity which can cause hyper-pigmentation.
hyper-pigmentation (darker color than the normal surrounding skin) occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin. because these cells normally start from the basal layer of the epidermis, dermis or both & move all the way up to the top visible layer, hyper-pigmentation can take a while to fade naturally ... be patient :)
the deeper the damaged cell is, the longer the hyper-pigmentation can take to fade.
there is hope! our complexion brightening complex aids in the prevention & natural fading of any hyper-pigmentation. the even-tone brightening serum contains a dynamic synergy of botanical cosmeceuticals that are clinically proven & well known for their ability to naturally create an overall balanced even & radiant skin tone.
complexion brightening complex - proprietary
aids in prevention–
- exfoliation: is a great key for hyperpigmentation. the sugar natural sugar, in the exfoliate foaming cleanser is glycolic acid, AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) which goes between skin cells to break down the intercellular glue, for the removal of dead & damaged skin cells. also, the rice powder & vitamin c will have your skin radiantly glowing in no time.
- masque: moisture-rich brightening masque contains high levels of time-released vitamin c antioxidant support that will help lighten, brighten & maintain your flawless complexion.
- tone: concentrated strengthening toner this high-potency botanical tincture begins with our triple filtered rose water (which rebalances our skin’s pH levels). combines shiitake & reishi mushrooms that help to further brighten & strengthen skin.
- boost: even-tone brightening serum will allow your skin to achieve its 'even' radiant tone & contains our proprietary complexion brightening complex (above).
Know your beauty!
Master Esthetician & Trainer