our bodies are made of 70% water. hydration keeps our skin cells plump, flexible & healthy. you might not feel as thirsty in the winter as you do in the Summer months, however, we are still naturally losing water throughout our skin every day.
protecting your skin & keeping it hydrated is important during these Winter months. at this time, we usually spend more time inside with dry indoor heating that can wreak havoc on the skin. dry skin is especially common in the Winter months when the humidity level outside drops. when the air outside is cold & dry, the water in your skin evaporates more quickly making your skin feel dry and tight.
your skin loses more than 25% of its ability to hold moisture in the Winter.
a long hot shower may sound great after being out in the cold, however it may strip your skin of its protective oils which can dry out the skin.
Instead, please indulge in a warm shower or bath & always pat dry the skin with a soft towel. immediately after, use our suki hydrating body oil to lock in much-needed hydration. This light 3 in 1 all over body oil can be used as a bath oil, moisturizer & massage oil.
our hydrating body oil contains our signature uplifting lemongrass aroma & our ceramide lipid proprietary complex comprised of high-performance ingredients: sunflower, safflower & grapeseed.
these oils are light, contain a high concentration of essential lipids, are highly absorbed so will not leave a greasy feel.
- the sunflower was cultivated by American Indian tribes circa 3,000 B.C. tribes used parts of the sunflower plant to help soothe snakebites & condition the hair & skin.
- sunflower seed oil is a great source of vitamin E, which helps trap moisture inside the skin cell & protect from harmful UV rays.
- contains natural calming properties
- improves the skin’s moisture retention
- rich in nutrients & antioxidants the sunflower is extremely effective for combating skin irritation, redness & an array of skin issues.
- safflower oil is cold pressed from the seeds carthamus tinctoris botanical
- contains lubricant properties that prompt the skin to retain water & moisture
- is packed with Omega-6 & essential vitamins
- is a favorite natural emollient.
- is a potent hydrator & prevents dryness & roughness.
- is ideal for dry & sensitive complexions.
- promotes elasticity & reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- grapeseed oil is a byproduct of winemaking. After wine is made by pressing grapes, grape seeds are left behind. Grapeseed oil is extracted from these leftover grape seeds
- a very light moisturizer & it is easily absorbed by your skin
- used to help with eczema & acne maintenance
- balances out the dry and oily patches on the skin
- naturally brightens & lightens skin
- reduces & unclogs dirt debris & sebum in pores, which can help reduce your natural oil
- reduces the appearance of scars
our hydrating body oil has so many benefits & key active ingredients. from the soothing allantoin extracted from the comfrey plant that contains the ability to heal, stimulate new growth of tissue & protect the skin. to Sunflower oil assists with the development of new skin cells & can accelerate the recovery of the skin barrier with excellent anti-inflammatory effects. this all over body oil will improve the hydration in your skin all year round, but most beneficial in these Winter months. for a lavish treat for your winter blues, pair with our sensitive cleansing bar.
Keep your skin hydrated today
Know your beauty!